What is Osteoarthritis ?
Ayurveda, a holistic system of medicine, offers you the best Osteoarthritis treatment. Being a common form of arthritis, Osteoarthritis can often affect the knee. Osteoarthritis occurs mostly in people 50 years of age and older. But it is likely to occur in younger ones, too. In this disease, the cartilage in the knee joint slowly wears away. Since the cartilage wears away, it becomes frayed and uneven, when this happens, the protective space between the bones decreases. This can cause bone rubbing on bone, and produce aching bone spurs. Living with osteoarthritis is truly hellish. Ayurvedic osteoarthritis treatment is the perfect option to cure osteoarthritis.
When you have osteoarthritis of the knee, you will feel your knee is aching and rigid at times. It is likely to affect only one knee, mainly if you had any injuries it in the past or you can have it in both. The pain may become worse at the end of the day. You may have some rigidness in the morning, but it can’t normally last more than half an hour. Ayurveda, known for providing effective treatments for chronic ones, offers you the best osteoarthritis treatment.
- Pain : Undeniably, pain is a common symptom of Osteoarthritis. It is eased by rest. If the condition progresses and inflammation develops, pain is likely to become persistent.
- Stiffness : Stiffness of the affected joint may be the most noticeable thing in the morning and after having a rest.
- Swelling : Soft tissue inflammation around the joint can trigger swelling.
- Tenderness : You are likely to feel tenderness if you apply light pressure to or near it.
- Loss of flexibility : You may become unable to move your joint through its complete range of motion.
Osteoarthritis arises when the cartilage that protects the ends of bones in your joints gradually worsens. Being a firm and slippery tissue, Cartilage enables almost frictionless joint motion. Finally, when the cartilage wears down completely, bone will be rub on bone.
Osteoarthritis is often known as a “wear and tear” disease. Apart from the breakdown of cartilage, Osteoarthritis can hit the entire joint. It triggers changes in the bone and degeneration of the connective tissues which hold the joint together and attach muscle to bone. It also leads to inflammation of the joint lining.
Osteoarthritis risk factors
- Older age : The risk of Osteoarthritis is likely to increase with age.
- Sex : Women may develop Osteoarthritis more than men.
- Obesity : Obesity contributes to Osteoarthritis in several ways.
- Joint Injuries : Injuries, like those that happens when playing sports or from an accident, can increase the risk of osteoarthritis.
Heal Osteoarthritis With osteoarthritis natural treatment
Ayurveda is always considered the best option to cure chronic and complicated diseases. Ayurveda says that Osteoarthritis is a Vata dominating condition. Osteoarthritis is known as a chronic one, though, Ayurveda has successfully cured it with unique Osteoarthritis treatment.
Ayurvedic Osteoarthritis Treatment Constitutes :
- Abhyanga: In this therapy, the entire body is massaged for 45 minutes with warm herb-infused oils from top to toe to improve the health and nourishment of the skin. Abhyanga helps to treat Osteoarthritis, body aches, and obesity.
- Njavarakizhi: A plentiful amount of medicated oil is applied to the entire body and the body massaged with warm muslin bag boluses containing cooked njavara rice. After dipping in regenerating mixture of milk and herbal decoctions, these boluses are applied all over the body to induce sudation. Njavarakizhi is meant for all types of rheumatism, high blood pressure, joint aches, emaciation of muscles, etc.
- Virechana: This therapy cleanses the body from excess pitta accumulation, and purifies blood and clearing toxins. Virechana mainly focuses on the toxins accumulated in the liver and gallbladder, thus cleansing the gastro-intestinal tract thoroughly.
- Vasti : Vasti is a significant treatment in Ayurveda and it is considered as one of the best treatments for rheumatoid arthritis and osteo arthritis. There are different types of vasti. Vasti eliminates doshas from the body via the intestinal tract.
- Rasayana treatment: Rasayana treatment reduces the oxidative stress and reduces the free radical injury. This treatment is known as one of the effective treatments for Osteoarthritis.
- Snehana and Brimhana: Snehana and Brimhana can normalize capacity of asthi or bone dhathu, This treatments controls fire rule in cell level (dhatwagni) and amend change of dhatus.
Experience The Best Ayurvedic Osteoarthritis Treatment In Kerala
If you are looking for the best ayurvedic Osteoarthritis treatment in Kerala, we can bring you to the right place. There are lots of ayurvedic treatment resorts in Kerala. We can help you choose the perfect one that offers the best ayurvedic treatments. Cost of Osteoarthritis treatment can vary depending on the nature of the disease.
We offer you a disease free life
We have the brilliant and experienced doctors to conduct the authentic ayurvedic treatments. Call us or email us and let us know which treatment you are looking for.